I know, I didn’t finish writing about vacation. It was wonderful! It was over in the blink of an eye! It was also six months ago. At some point I may get around to adding pictures/detail, but to sum up:
1. Berlin is a cool city, Anna is one of the gems from my Radiance life, and I want to go back and keep exploring. I will keep working on my German!
2. Jason’s friends and family are sweet for hosting us, showing me around, punting with Pims, betting on the races, remembering my birthday, and playing in the penny arcades on the seaside.
3. Jason is the best surprise trip planner! He organized a trip to Warwick Castle and Stratford-upon-Avon, booked a B&B on an English farm, and got us a night in a glamping (glamorous + camping = glamping) pod with a hot tub!
4. After my England/Berlin trip, I headed to Portland for a weekend in a tiny house with the Froomies, Cassie and Emily. It was long overdue, and I’m so glad we got together! Those two got me through my last year of UNI, and our reunions make my heart happy.
5. Birthday and bachelorette weekends are best with helmets and matching shirts. Fong’s Pizza for my bday with Kevin marked twelve years of celebrating together. Kayt’s bachelorette weekend in Nashville was a great way for her crew from all over to get to know each other.
6. Weeks with family at the beach in Ocean City, MD will always make for good memories. I flew straight from Nashville to Baltimore, and we all left for the beach the following day. I got tons of time with Grandma, Uncle Doug, Mom, Ken, and Devin. Kara and Michael, her fiancé, drove out with Ray for a day on the boardwalk. We got plenty of swimming time, ate crabs, and relaxed. I need to see more family, so next vacation will bring another MD trip.
Jason and I signed back on the good old Radiance on October 9. The first couple cruises were charters, so other companies rented out the ship and provided the entertainment. Both were music charters, and we got to see John Farnham, John Paul Young, and others.
The big news from the start of the contract is that Jason and I got engaged!!!
I basically invited people or agreed to group dinners when he had planned on proposing and celebrating, so he ended up proposing in our cabin on November 23. It was cute and romantic and goofy, so it suited us.
Christmas and New Year’s Eve were busy on the ship, and cruise division does the parties, so we had a lot to do. We blew up more balloons than I have in my entire life put together. Guests popped them as soon as the balloons were dropped from the ceiling of the Centrum. So it goes.
We’ve had a ton more New Zealand cruises this year compared to last. This is probably one of the most beautiful places in the world, so I am loving it. We just finished a circumnavigation of Australia, and we were able to meet up with Radiance friends in Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, and Wellington. Shout out to Zoe, Sam, Steph, and JC if you happen to read this!
Other than that, we’ve been trying to save money, keep exercising (we did the 10 week 10K program again), and generally eat healthy. I don’t always feel like I have exciting things to write about, but I guess there was more than I thought. Jason’s been making videos of our adventures this contract, so here’s a link if you want to see more:
We decided to start figuring out life on land after this contract, so when we sign off in less than two months, it might be the last time. I say “might” because I don’t know how many times I’ve seen people “quit ships” only to come back a couple years later. I mean, that’s what I did. And things have changed so much since I joined Radiance. I’m so thankful I came back! I’ll keep this more up to date in the next couple months and beyond.